
So I know...it's been soooo long since I've blogged. Just felt the need to open up.
Yesterday, Adrienne turned 11 years old. Geeez! Where did time go. My mind glimpsed back today to years ago when she was a tot. We brought her home from the hospital right before Christmas and watched how amazed our family was with her. It was so easy to make her giggle, and cry sometimes too. Now she's quickly on her way to becoming an adult, reserving her right to giggle (tomboys don't),and refusing to cry, but always finding a reason to ignore anything I say that she does not like.
My Adrienne,standing at 5'3", awkwardly accepting changes of preteenhood, brave and beautiful, imaginative and independent, uniquely her own person, my goofy sugar-loving counterpart, my Adrienne is done with childhood.
Childhood is fleeting. There's just no way to stop it. I love her so much and am glad she still likes to watch a good movie (Julie & Julia), will share some of her secrets with me and counts me as the best baker she knows.
With that I leave you with today's best quote from my Audrey at 3yrs...
"Mommy, wouldn't it be so much fun to have a parade down our street with giant teddy bears and roller coasters, and we could ride on dem!"
xoxo
Luckylass

They sure do grow up quickly don't they. Both of the girls are so lucky to have you as a mom Roxanne. You are so involved with them, loving and caring. Adrienne will see that later on in life.
ReplyDelete(Just saw this now)
ReplyDeleteYour girls are so lovely, and such individuals! No doubt you are proud of what great people they are becoming.
:) You're an amazing mother.
(i miss you!)