



It was a busy busy weekend for our family. Lots of fun, too. We played hostess to two very special little ladies, Snowball & Midnight, the 4th grade class pet rats. They brought so much excitement to our little home. Adrienne & Audrey spent lots of time talking to and giggling at all the cute things the rats did.
Adrienne was thrilled when she brought Snowball & Midnight home Friday afternoon. She spent hours in her room just watching them run up and down the metal ramp. She was great at refilling their food and water bowl and even cut up some carrot pieces for them to nibble on. I was alerted to all the rules Adrienne had learned about caring for and playing with Snowball & Midnight. Audrey loved having these two special guests. She had a hard time being quiet near the rats(too excited), but she was great interacting with them.
Soon enough we pulled out the gardening gloves to protect our hands and any fears of being nibbled. I must admit I am a bit of a scaredy-cat about holding creatures like this and probably have passed these fears onto my kids. Eventually, the gloves came off and Midnight was so sweet letting Adrienne and I hold her and Audrey pet her back. She even tried to escape up my shoulder. So funny!
On Sunday, we changed the bedding, cleaned the cage and refilled their food. Snowball and Midnight played in a red storage tote and then Midnight took a turn in the activity ball. It was funny to watch her wobble the ball back and forth, around and around. I'm sure she will love it once she figures out how to make it go somewhere. We are happily donating the ball to the 4th grade classroom for Snowball and Midnight to enjoy.
We want to thank Mrs Cummins and the class for letting Midnight and Snowball stay at our house this weekend. We had such a great time with them and learned so much about their different personalities. They are such a great addition to the 4th grade class!
xoxo
Lucky lass & her lil' lassies

Rats are interesting creatures aren't they? Oddly enough I always wanted a naked mole rat. Jamie obviously says NO right away... but I think they're kinda neat, and have heard they are very smart and affectionate!
ReplyDelete:) Per the usual, your girls are adorable.
Heart you friend.
AAAhhh!!! Rats do scare me to death, but it's wonderful that kids get to interact with them. I admire people who aren't creeped out by them. I just love your blog!! Jody oxoxo
ReplyDeleteWow! Kenzi would have killed me had I brought home a coulple of rodents, lol. She would have NO interest in touching them or even being in a room with them if they are out of the cage, lol. I'm glad Adrienne and Audrey had so much fun though. That's awesome!
ReplyDelete