Thursday, April 30, 2009

On The Run








Finally, I was allowed to take some pictures of Adrienne, my other daughter (Haha). Most of you have heard me comment on the conflict of pictures with my 10-year old. I love pictures, she hates them, I blame her dad for this personality trait. He was the same way at this age. His mom once told me years ago that every picture from age 11 to 16 was blocked by his hand. At the time, I laughed at this story, chalking it up to adolescence. Now that I'm the mom with the camera, I don't find it so funny. When I do get the opportunity to take a good picture, without an argument, I cherish it.
This month, Adrienne has joined the Corvallis Track team through the Boys and Girls Club. She has always been a fast runner and now is learning good form and the benefits of practice. So far she's had two track meets and won a 2nd place ribbon in 4th grade girls 400m relay. Above is the photo of her with the relay team. Adrienne also competes in the 200m run and the Long Jump. Despite giving up her Saturday mornings, she has enjoyed competing at the meets, and hanging out with new friends.
This weekend she will attend the Albany meet without me, since I will be Scrappin with the Girls. Mike is on duty with Audrey-in-tow. It is harder than it sounds...getting one child to their event on time and chasing the other one down the track. I'm sure he will be fine without me. Mike is in law enforcement, after all, with his vast array of experience in arm-bar takedowns, I'm sure he can wrestle with a 2-year old ;)
So of all the track pictures I was able to take, I chose the three above to post on my blog. I love the girl's relay team pic and the one of Adrienne running around the track, but my favorite is the one of Adrienne running on the grass. Not only is the green grass at Linus Pauling Middle School a great background, but the photo also has a funny story. See Adrienne's not running to win a ribbon, or running away from some from some vicious attack dog. She's running away from me, the mom with the camera.
Keep Picturing...
Lucky lass

3 comments:

  1. I bet she's good!

    :) love her quirkiness.. in all it's glory. She's such a nice kid... with alot of spunk!

    :)

    can't wait to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED AT MY BLOG!
    ♥,A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the pic of the four girls together. Very cute. The one of her running away is the one I know best though. lol...poor girl hates all of us scrapbookers being around. lol

    ReplyDelete