Saturday, January 31, 2009

Date Night!




Mike and I were lucky enough to sneak away for a few hours yesterday afternoon and spend some quality time together. The girls were happy at home with our wonderful baby sitter, Maddie, plenty of cartoons and frozen fruit bars.
We first headed downtown for a light dinner and dessert. I had the most delicious raspberry chocolate torte. Anyone who knows me knows I love chocolate. This dessert had a balance of rich dark chocolate and sweet raspberry filling. I could not finish the whole thing, but I tried!

We then headed over to the theater near our house and caught the first showing of the movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson that just opened this weekend. Now to be honest this wasn't my first choice. I'm always happy to see a well thought out action film, but had not researched this movie specifically and was hesitant. I have to say, GREAT MOVIE! Two thumbs up. Very smart, plot is solid, Liam does a brilliant job portraying a retired ex-undercover something or other (sorry I'm still a girl, forgot all the brainy job details). It was realistic and heart-wrenching for a mom of two girls. At the same time it was thrilling to watch all the kick-butt scenes. A must see for all older movie goers.

Overall we had a great time together. Mikey was sick, poor baby, but suffered through and was a warm shoulder to hold onto in the chilly theater (wished I had brought a blanket). He was really a sweetie and I thank him for taking a girl out on the town and showing her a good time.

Tonight, he's even watching the kids so I can go out with the girls tonight to see yet another movie...I won't tell you which one...you'll have to wait until tomorrow...I'm sure one or all of us will blog about it. Should be fun and scarrry! Hint, pics will have us sporting some 3D eye wear!
Check back tomorrow for details.


xoxo
Lucky lass

3 comments:

  1. awww, I'm glad you guys had a chance to get out for a date night. It's so important to have that quality time together. See Mike, you can be sweet! :)

    Love the page by the way! Very cute! You'll have to show me how to fancy mine up. I don't know how to do all that nifty stuff yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for date night. They're a must indeed.

    Mike's a trooper for bein' sick but still takin' you out and then for watchin' the girls tonight... what a swell fella.

    :) heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you two! You two always deserve a "Date night"! Just because your married, doesn't mean you can't flirt with each other or go on dates or be silly!! :) Jody xo!!

    ReplyDelete